How To Find and Follow Someone on Twitter
Got this question from a client today. Since it is a common question from new twitter users, I thought I’d share.
“How do I find and follow someone on twitter?”
1. Go to your twitter account:
2. Log in: user: your-twitter-name Pass: your-twitter-password
IF you know the name of the twitter account:
1. Visit the page of the account (person) you want to follow:
http://twitter.com/xxxxxxx xxxxxxx is the account (persons) name.
2. At the top of the account page is the account name and photo/logo/avatar …. right under that is a button labeled “Follow.” Click on Follow.
IF you do not know the name of the account, you can try searching for it. Here are three ways to search:
Use Twitters “Find People” Search
1. At the top of every twitter account is a menu bar. Look for “Find People”
2. Enter the name of whom ever you are looking for.
Use the Twitter Search Engine:
** Note, I don’t think the twitter search engine is as good as it could be!
1. Go to http://search.twitter.com
2. Enter the name of the person you are searching for.
3. If the account comes up in the search results … click on it and then click on “follow”
1. Go to google.com
2. Search for: First name + Last name + twitter i.e. Melanie Rockett twitter