Setting Up A Fan Page
Setting up a Fan Page on Facebook is easy … but only after you spend hours ripping your hair out to figure out where the add a page panel is!
Here’s the step-by-step setup process:
1. Log into your Facebook Account (your Profile)
2. Click on HOME
3. On the right hand menu, click on “Ads and Pages.” If you can’t find it … try clicking on “More.”
4. Now depending on how you got there, you are going to see one of the following two screens. Click on PAGES
5. FINALLY! Click on Create Page
6. Almost done:
- #1 Choose a category. Don’t worry too much about this, just pick the one you think is the best fit.
- #2 Enter the NAME of your Fan Page. If you are Tom Cruise, enter Tom Cruise. If this is a business page enter the name of your business. If you are promoting a book, enter the name of your book. You can’t change this once it’s up, so spend a few seconds deciding what would serve you the best.
- #3 If you want to spend some time building your page before you reveal it, check this box. You can publish at any time in the future with the click of the “publish” button.
- It’s actually a good idea to read the FINE PRINT so that you are not breaking the rules. Facebook will remove your page if you do not follow their terms and conditions. A brief overview of the rules can be found in Profiles, Fan Pages and Groups
- #4 Click on CREATE PAGE and ta da … you are done.
Your next steps will be determining what restrictions (if any) you want to place on your Fan Page, filling out the information panels and creating some “stuff” for your wall.